Sunday 19 April 2015

This week I'm loving: Orange!








After the first glimpses of sun this week, it has got me highly excited for summer and I am looking towards all things we can enjoy under those golden rays. The furry winter legs are smooth, the fake tan bottle has been dusted off and those bright nail varnishes are seeing daylight again.

It is pure co-incidence that this week's products I am loving are all orange.. I promise! I couldn't wait until the end of the month to rave about these three products, which are all new to my beauty collection.

Avon Glow Nailwear Pro+ 'Flaming Orange'
This shimmering sunset orange is perfect for the summer. It looks great with a tan, it's lovely and bright! I really like Avon nail polish, as it always applies well and dries fairly quickly. On first application, it was quite thin, so I took it back off and applied an orange base coat by Nails Inc. I then applied one layer of this over the top and it complimented it perfectly. You could go straight in with this alone, but I think you would need to build it over two or three layers. Two days later and no chips have appeared yet, but lets see what happens by the end of the week!

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer 'Ivory'
I bought this as Fleur De Force had recommend it as an under eye concealer. I usually use the famous 'Collection' concealer, but I wanted one that was great to brighten under the eye. I bought the lightest shade and it does exactly as I had hoped. It brightens and lightens under the eye, and even better it is really affordable. I would highly recommend it, and I haven't owned it for too long!

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
This sponge is one of those products you just keep looking at in Boots and then walking away. This time I decided to bite the bullet and buy it. I am really glad I did, as the effect you get from applying your foundation with it, is amazing. I much prefer the way the sponge applies foundation to my usual buffing brush, damp the sponge before application and it works wonders. However, there is a major downside to this sponge- washing requires effort, and I mean serious effort. As a self confessed germ-a-phobe I feel I need to wash it after every use, so this is a downside for me. After washing it with soapy water, none of the foundation stains on the sponge had budged. On top of that, it requires rinse, upon soak, upon rinse to get all the soap out of it. It took FOREVER. After several washes it didn't bounce back to it's usual shape, so I had to wrap it in a towel and stamp on it to get all the water out! Sure enough after that all the water seemed to have come out of it and it bounced back to shape. Has anyone else had this problem? I even watched youtube videos on how to wash, and everyone else's stains seem to lift off. If anyone has some tips then please throw them my way!

jessica d x

No comments:

Post a Comment