Sunday 22 March 2015

Denim Love




As a true child of the 90's, I've always loved a full-on denim look (and posing apparently!) so the high street offering of every style and colour right now has got me pretty excited. I've never been one to shy away from a double denim look (or triple...) and whilst it might not be an every day look, but it's one I'd really love to wear a little more often. 


These courts are new from Dorothy Perkins and I adore them. They're pretty comfortable and I love the style of them. The denim just gives a bit of edge to a pretty formal pair of heels. You can find them here, currently just £18.90.

I've styled up a couple of outfits below to share my denim lovin'.

I'm a big fan of over-ripped boyfriend jeans with high heels, I love the laid back look, especially with a baggy shirt too. I really wish I was brave enough to pull off this look for an evening out, so watch this space! Mixing different tones stops the look from being too "put together. Minimal accessories also helps, which is pretty much against every other rule I have! Let me know in the comments what you think, I'd love to have a good occasion to wear something like this.



Shirt- Next (similar here)
Ripped Jeans- Asos (similar here)

As you might have seen me mention in my previous "Things I'm loving right now" post, I adore the 70's trend, and I've been on the hunt for the perfect pair of flares. I'm pretty sure I've found them! These  are from H&M and they're just what I looking for- super high waisted and perfect mid blue denim. You can probably find them in your local store, I can't see them on the website yet! (Some other great alternatives are Asos and Next.) Mixing denim of the same colour is a bit risky, a bit too B*Witched, but I quite like it in this outfit, it adds the vintage look, especially teamed with a vintage denim jacket, a good one can be found in pretty much any charity shop- or if vintage isn't your thing, the high street has some cheap alternatives too. Also, teaming up denim with Breton stripes always looks cool as!




Unfortunately, this isn't the end of my denim wishlist. I'd love a denim shift dress for the Spring Summer season- I love this Topshop one (£38);

I'm also lusting after this Asos jumpsuit (£50);

And finally, there is a coat shaped hole in my over flowing wardrobe right now, I'm really feeling the need to fill it with a denim duster coat, like this one from Monki (£60);


Let me know if you liked this post, I'd love to do some more outfit posts now that it's not too chilly outside and I'm feeling more inspired! Which is your favourite look, and how do you wear your denim?

jessica h x

No comments:

Post a Comment