Sunday 29 March 2015

Soap & Glory Make-up Review

Spoiler - it's a mixed bag!




A couple of weeks ago, I headed to Boots to replace my mascara. I had tried the Soap & Glory Thick & Fast mascara in a gift box I had for Christmas and loved it.  When it dried up (the downside to thicker mascaras, I've found this with more expensive alternatives too) I was happy to repurchase. I was  delighted to find that all Soap & Glory make-up was on a 3 for 2 offer, so I took full advantage and tried out some other talked about products....


Thick & Fast mascara




As I mentioned, this was a repurchase, and I haven't be disappointed. It's very similar to the Benefit mascaras, I'm a big fan of a thick brush and thick consistency, as I like a lot of volume to my lashes, but anything too lengthening makes my eyes look too dark and over done. It's a really great mascara, at a really reasonable price (£10) The packaging of all three items I bought is really great, much more than I would expect from this brand, and this mascara is better than the freebie I had in the first place. I'm really pleased I chose to buy this again, and I don't see any reason right now why I wouldn't buy it again. For such a thick mascara it doesn't clump, and it dries quickly enough not to smudge. I would recommend!

Sexy Mother Pucker Lipstick - Man Trap




I'm really impressed with this lipstick! For a start, the colour, 'Man Trap' is gorgeous. Red lipstick is a long time favourite of mine, and I very rarely stray from my trusty Mac Red, this however is more subtle. I've found its a great way of wearing a brighter colour for a more day-to-day look. I work in a fairly casual office, so heavy make up tends to look a little out of place, so it's great to find something I feel comfortable wearing but that still feels stylish. Its a really moisturising consistency, very "cremesheen" but it lasts really well. (I'm wearing this in the outfit photos on my "Denim Love" post.) £9 is a little more to pay for a drug store lipstick but this is definitely worth the few extra pounds. I will make sure I take a look at the other colours (although I don't think there are many) next time I'm looking for a new lipstick.


Anarchy brow tint & pencil


I was really keen to try this product as I'd heard a lot about it on other blogs. I have naturally very dark, thick eyebrows but they're a little untidy, so I find filling in helps to neaten them up. As they are so dark I usually need to use a pencil to match the shade but there' always a fine line between neat and too much! I thought this product could be the answer. One end is felt tip like, to draw individual hairs in, and the other end a soft pencil. I bought the colour 'Brownie Points' (they also do a blonde), however, I wouldn't say it was brown! It's very light, so looks totally out of place on me. Not only that but I feel like the felt tip was "running out", even though the box had been taped so I knew it hadn't been tested, you just don't get much product from it at all. On top of this, the pencil end is actually really hard. I had to press pretty hard on my skin to get any mark, and it was still not particularly great. I was really disappointed by this as I think it's a great idea for a product, to a achieve a bit more of a natural brow look, but it wasn't for me. I'd be interested to see if it works better for someone with lighter hair though?...





Have you tried any of the Soap & Glory make-up products? Which are your favourites and are there more I should try?


Jessica h x

No comments:

Post a Comment