Thursday 5 March 2015

Clinique Skincare: my favourite products





I actually have a great love for Clinique products. I first used their skincare range about two years ago and have repurchased ever since. I have continued to use the same products until recently, when I branched out a little further. Now I have used these products on a regular basis for quite a while, I feel well equipped to discuss them! 

My skin type these days is mostly just normal with slight oil in the t-zone at the end of a working day, though I guess this is normal. I have previously been a long standing user of Clarins products (which I also love) and decided to make the transition into using Clinique after receiving some products as a gift.

Changing up your skin care routine is not something to take lightly. For me, when changing skin care products it's like my skin just says 'woah!.. wait a minute, this isn't what we usually use!' So be prepared for your skin to kick up a little fuss at first. This usually happens to me with face washes and toners, less so with moisturiser unless its greasy. I will usually get a few blemishes until I get into a new routine.

I feel as though my skin loves these three particular products, they are so refreshing and hydrating that I am excited to chat about them.


This is the newest Clinique product I have added to my collection. It claims to 'protect the skin from dehydration.' On application it feels amazing, I use this over my face and neck and leave it on overnight as instructed. In the morning my skin feels lovely and soft, I have only used this product a handful of times and love the texture. It feels slightly lighter than the Moisture Surge moisturiser as the textures between the two differ quite a lot. This product concentrates heavily on providing moisture and so feels really refreshing once applied.



This product really isn't something I can compare to any other moisturiser I own. With a gel-like formula it feels as though I am drenching and re-hydrating my skin. I use this at night as I don't think I would apply make-up on top of it, purely because of the way it makes my skin feel. Once applied I hop straight into bed and my skin feels lovely and soft in the morning. I must admit, I own the 'intense' version of this and I probably prefer it, though I would probably start off with this version first. It is quite pricey at £34 so I would always recommend trying to get a sample to make sure you like it before committing. 



A little luxury for your eyes. I have talked about this product previously in this post. Again I have tried the regular version of this but absolutely love the 'rich' version. It is similar to the texture of a body butter, it is creamy and luxurious and leaves the skin around your eyes feeling amazing. I apply this probably every other night, I don't really have a strict routine but put it on when I am taking more time on my skin. 

I am well and truly a fan of this product and will probably continue to re-purchase unless anyone points me in the direction of something even better!

jessica d x

No comments:

Post a Comment