Sunday 22 February 2015

Garnier Skin Naturals







Micellar Cleansing Water

I really don't think I have ever had any product stand up against this one for sheer ease of makeup removal. I purchased a bottle of this when it was first launched, and I have religiously repurchased ever since. I have tried other micellar waters, including the L'oreal version, which was a bit soapy for me. The Garnier version does not feel soapy at all, it just feels like using water on your skin.

This is perfect for minimal fuss, it sweeps off your make-up in record time. You can remove every scrap of make-up with this product on a cotton wool pad, you can even rub it all around your eye area without any stinging or irritation. I say this as my own personal opinion (I have slightly sensitive skin). Those that do have sensitive skin, I would recommend giving it a test before committing to it.

I usually completely remove my makeup with this product, no eye-makeup remover needed, then have a once over with a toner. Once or twice a week I will use a facial soap in the shower for a deeper clean. I don't like using facial washes too much as they usually promote spots appearing on my skin.

I can't recommend this product enough, if you have never tried micellar water, give it a go! It will change your make-up removal routine forever!

On offer at Superdrug right now for £3.32 (normal price £4.99)


Refreshing Toner (Normal to Combination Skin)

As a long-time Clinque & Clarins user, drugstore toners are something I haven't actually tried before. My all time favourite toner is the Clarins Daily Energizer.

The Clinque toners I have tried are always so harsh and overwhelm you with their alcohol smell. If you have any open cuts of spots then it absolutely burns your skin! That's why I was looking for a more gentle toner when I saw this one on offer in Superdrug. I fell in love with it on first use, it smells so lovely and it's so gentle, but at the same time it cleans off any excess makeup residue left on your skin after the initial make-up removal. This will definitely be a re-purchase and it was an absolute bargain!

On offer at Superdrug right now for £2.10 (normal price £3.15)


Softening Cleansing Lotion (Normal to Dry Skin)

I haven't used a cleanser for a long while, I will say that you don't need the water and the cleanser. I would use one or the other. If I chose out the two I would pick the micellar water. However, this product again is so soft and gentle, and it did remove all make-up including around the eye area. I do feel a bit odd about rubbing cleanser around my eyes though, it did put me a bit on edge. I think if it got directly in the eye it may sting. I think this would be a great product to take on holiday. I hate it when my face gets burnt and I apply/remove make-up on top of sore skin (wear sun-cream sensibly folks!). I think this would be great on your face in the summer time, so definitely another recommended product!

On offer at Superdrug right now for £2.10 (normal price £3.15)


Fresh Clarifying Wash (Combination to Oily Skin)

As a recent purchase, I have used this a handful of times. I am really hesitant with new skincare products, especially with face washes. I have a routine that works, so I just stick to it.

I usually use the Clinque Liquid Face Soap, but as I like the other Garnier products I though I would give this a go. I really liked the product in itself when using it. It foamed up well and didn't have a 'soapy smell' like the Clinque one I use.

I did notice with the Garnier wash, I bought the version that is targeted at oily skin, as by the end of the working day my skin does get a little oily. It kind of stripped my skin of any oil at all. It felt a little dry after so I soaked my face in moisturiser. I also had a couple of spots pop up in the coming days, though this usually happens when I use any new skincare product. I think if you do suffer with really oily skin, this may work amazingly for you. I think I will keep it for days when my skin does feel particularly oily, and as I mentioned before, I do only use facial soaps once or twice a week.

On offer at Superdrug right now for £2.10 (normal price £3.15)

jessica d x


All photographs are our own. We own all rights to our photographs.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment